A Visual Novel in Virtual Reality
In a time when there is only one official city left on Earth, recons are sent out to recover lost populations. Sam, one such recon, meets Raven, a 13 year-old orphan who’s grown up in nature and whose DNA predestines her to become humanity’s Guardian, the highest political figure. Their journey together will reveal many secrets about Raven’s origins as she finds out the true colors of Earth’s safest place and her own responsibilities.
Sequenced is an interactive series for virtual reality headsets proposing a story where political and environmental issues are put forward through the language of VR and visual novels. With its roots in the environmental movements of the '60s and '70s, Sequenced questions how our beliefs can be used to manipulate our understanding of the world.
Developer & Creator
Pilot by YoukuVR
apelab, OFC, Pro Helvetia
Oculus, HTC Vive
- Imaginove Grand Prize, Lyon, France, 2013
- GDC Best in Play, San Francisco, 2014
- Game Connection Awards Selection, San Francisco, 2015
- Cross Video Days Grand Prize, Paris, France, 2015
- Sundance Institute Official Selection, Park City, Utah, 2016
- Toronto Film Festival Official Selection, Toronto, Canada, 2016